Tuesday 5 May 2015

Tight Ass Tuesday with Aldi!!!

Hey guys so we've just had the May bank holiday complete with crappy weather but that means the June bank holiday is fast approaching. Along with that will come some hopefully warm weather so its time to start thinking about protecting our skin in the sun.

No matter what skincare you use be it Creme De La Mer or La Prairie or Aldi's finest or somewhere in between, it will make no difference if you don't look after and protect your skin from sun damage.
The sun is the cause of  most of the damage to our skin.. Sure environmental factors and lifestyle play a part but sun damage causes lines,wrinkles,pigmentation,crepeness....etc...etc... and they are not the worst effect.
The cause can be detrimental to our health if abused but if you look after your skin you can safely have fun in the sun this summer.

Which brings me to Aldi no less..They do a range of sun protection that is actually very good.


It is from their Lacura range and they do a wide range of factors ranging from 10 to 50+.
They are available in a milk formula and an oil formula in some of the factors.
I use the Extra sensitive Sun Spray Kids 50+ on my family. I use the factor 30 in a spray formula on myself.
I am dark haired and sallow skinned so i tan very well given half a chance(with 2 kids under 3 i don't see that happening this year) but i don't go lower than factor 30 on my body and 50+ on my face.
Obviously with kids I'm not going lower than 50+ and my hubby is very pale and freckly so he uses the 50+ too.
The formula is very lightweight for a 50+ they can tend to be very thick with some brands and can leave you looking like you are covered in Dulex brilliant white. This doesn't happen with Aldi sun protection. It is not sticky either once its rubbed in you can go about your day very quickly. 

One thing worth mentioning is that  as well as high UVB protection they have an excellent UVA rating ..they all have 5 star rating which is the highest you can get. Why is this important..the UVA rays are the ageing rays the ones that cause lines wrinkles premature ageing etc. The 5 star rating means the product has maximum filters in the product to stop those rays reaching the epidermis and into the deeper  layers of your skin.

There is a misconception that around a LONG time about sun cream and that is that it will stop me tanning...NOT TRUE . You will get a beautiful tan if that's what you want but it will be a safe tan.
I worked in pharmacy for 10 years and the amount of people that refused to buy high sun protection because 'it will stop me tanning ' was frightening.  I always use high factors now...not the case in my teens and early 20's but the dangers were not well known then..they are now.Guys please if you want to look after your skin use protection!!! You will still tan just do it the right way please.

No comments:

Post a Comment